7 Tips That Increase Your Chances of Winning the Idaho Lottery
With the Idaho Lottery's $1,000,000 raffle going on this month and lottery tickets being big stocking stuffers, you may be crossing your fingers in hopes of a big holiday payout. Most people seem to think that winning the lottery can only happen with sheer luck, however, this isn't exactly true. Here are a few simple tips that will improve your chances of winning:
- Buy more tickets - This is so simple that it's almost ridiculous, but when you think about it, it makes sense. For example, if only 100 tickets are sold, purchasing 75 will give you a better chance of selecting the right numbers than the 25 people who purchased only one ticket each.
- Join a lottery syndicate - Sure it may not sound like fun to split your cash, but think of it this way: do you want a cut of the prize or nothing at all? Joining a lottery syndicate with relatives, friends, or coworkers can significantly improve your chances of winning.
- Triple check your numbers- Roughly $2 billion in lottery prize money goes unclaimed each year simply because people forget to check their numbers or throw out the tickets before making sure they didn't win a smaller prize.
- Play less, purchase more - Many people play the lottery every week, only purchasing one ticket each time. Instead, purchase multiple tickets for a single game and play less often. You'll increase your odds!
- Play after big jackpots - Less people are playing after big payouts so the chance of having to split your prize with others goes down significantly.
- Play lotteries in other countries - Depending on the country you may be able to participate in the lottery even if you are not a resident. Some of these lotteries have a better chance of winning than you would when playing in the United States.
- Choose uncommon numbers - People typically play dates so choosing numbers that are not 1-31 could decrease the chance of you sharing your winnings with others.