Five Treasure Valley Places for Indoor Winter Fun With Kids
The Treasure Valley hasn't enjoyed much snow this winter compared to years past, but there have definitely been a lot of cold, gray days. This time of year is always hard for me because I love being outside with my kids. Summer feels effortless with options like the pool, splash pads, and parks to keep our family busy. But winter is the complete opposite - I find myself sitting at home struggling to keep my little one busy and find outlets for his energy.
In an effort to get us out of the house and having fun during these cold days, I researched some of the best indoor places to take kids in the area. Here a few of my favorite finds:
- Planet Kid at The Wings Center (1875 Century Way, Boise) - This giant indoor playground is the perfect place to let your little ones be active on rainy days. Parents can enjoy free wifi and coffee while the kids stay busy in the slides, climbing areas, and ball pits. They even have a toddler area for ages 2 and under. All day admission is $8.75 for ages 4-12 and $5.75 for ages 1-3. **Ask about their punch card - after 5 visits you get one FREE. (More info:http://www.wingscenter.com/
- Ceramica (1002 Vista Avenue, Boise) - If you're looking to do something fun and artistic with your kids, Ceramica is a great place to let the whole family express their creative side. They have over 300 pieces of pottery ranging from $5-$75 and your paint, stencils, stamps, and workspace is included in that price. (More info: http://www.ceramicaboise.com)
- Urban Air Adventure Park (3876 E Lanark Street, Meridian) - This trampoline and adventure park was been voted the Best Gym in America for Kids by Shape Magazine. They have a soft playground, climbing walls, warrior course, robes course, and amazing "sky rider" attraction. Kids over 5 get access to all of this for $27.99. Ages 3-5 are $8.99 and parents get access to all the attractions for just $5.99! Toddlers are also welcome and have access to the soft playground and trampolines for just the price of socks - $2.50. No personal socks are allowed. (More info: https://facebook.com/
- Pojo's (7736 Fairview Avenue, Boise) - Pojo's has been a Treasure Valley family favorite since 1974. With tons of games, a play area for toddlers, bumper cars, and Idaho's only indoor carousel, your kids will be entertained for hours! On Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays you can score 40 game tokens and 3 ride tickets for only $10! (More info: http://www.pojos.com/
- Wahooz Family Fun Zone (1385 S Blue Marlin Lane, Meridian) - This recently remodeled indoor adventure park has 7 new attractions including a Twister ride, Laser Maze, and bumper cars. Our family loves their $20 Tuesday Deal which includes rides, laser tag, mini golf, access to the Kiddie Cove, and free play on some video games. (More info:http://www.wahoozfunzone.com/)
I'd love to hear what activities you and your family enjoy doing on cold or rainy days! Share at email@example.com!